Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pom Pom Wreath

Many people have misconceptions about pom poms. They think they can't make them without a pom pom maker. They are actually extremely easy to make. And honestly I have never used a pom pom maker, my mom taught me a long time ago how to make these. Therefore with Easter approaching I thought I'd make a pastely pom pom wreath.


Grab some yarn

Frodo always wants to gnaw on my yarn...he's weird

Put the beginning of the yarn in your palm and hold it with your thumb

Wrap it around your palm until you get a big bundle

Take the end if the string and bring it around the middle

Slowly remove the bundle from around you palm while wrapping the end around the middle of it

Tie it into a knot. Then you'll want to cut all the loops

Yay! A pom pom! You can also use wool to make these and then felt them. That'd be really cute

Use some random piece of thick cardboard and use 2 different sized bowls to make your circles 
Then cut it out and hot glue your pom poms to the circle!
Easy peasy! An easter wreath!

0 comments: