Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Scrap Fabric Garland

I absolutely love the idea of making use of scrap fabric. I have so much and never know what to make with it. This would be ideal for birthdays or any party at all! It was really fun to make since you get to rip fabric and it doesn't have to look perfect.


 Have some twine to use for the stringing. Yarn, hemp, or any other string would probably work too.
Grab some scrap fabric that kind of correlates in colors. These are actually old aprons that I found.


Cut a small nick in the fabric about an inch in width. Some fabric you can just rip and it will stay along that line, others won't. You can make the piece as long as you want just not too short.

Tie them onto the string. I doubled up my twine to make it sturdier.

And there you have it! A gorgeous addition to any window or party! 

0 comments: