Monday, April 4, 2011

DIY Dessert Tier

The other day while flea market shopping I was searching for a cupcake platter that we could use for our approaching Ladies tea party. I never did find anything that was worthy enough to grace our dainty tables. That is when the idea hit me! Why not make my own? I always pass by vintage floral plates and wonder what I could do with them. I have an addiction to plates, it is a problem that I am trying to cure. But with a few easy finds at thrift stores, you can easily piece this together too!

First find 3 gorgeous plates. Or 2 if you want it to be short.




Then find some candlesticks. Make sure they're not too big, you don't want them to cover the whole plate. (Sorry I didn't edit this one, it was from my phone)
Now this piece might be a little harder to get ahold of. I actually unscrewed it from a small serving dish at the thrift store. Hehe...I was sneaky. This is for the top plate.
Make sure to purchase either gorilla glue or super glue and adhere it to the plate. I also ended up painting my candlesticks white to make it look more shabby chic. I think other colors like turquoise and seafoam green would give it some character too.
Sorry, I didn't take any photos of the making process. I guess that kind of slipped my mind, but you get the idea! Have fun wowing your guests!


0 comments: