Monday, March 14, 2011

A day for Bdays!

Saturday was my day off which only happens once in a blue moon, but thank God I did because I had two very important birthday parties on my agenda. My best friend's son's 1st birthday, and one of our youth's sweet sixteen. Decided to capture the day since it was gorgeous out!



I'm pretty sure you can tell that I live in Illinois. Flat lands. 


Gotta start the day off right, heart tights! Just like the ones I wore when I was little. hehe. 
Hy husband's cousin did an amazing job!

The birthday girl and her preggo sissy.

Her headband that I made for her. Lace & baubles. 
I love goodwill. You can always find everything there. Here's a before shot of the top I bought Breanna. 
After: Flat flowers, buttons, and embroidered felt. 
The origami gift box I made for her birthday treasures. You can look here to see how to make one. 
I think I'm going to make myself a few of these for all my trinkets :)
And of course I had to pick up some other things while I was at the thrift store! How cutesy are these fabrics!! Eeek! 
Now off to Bday party #2. Jayden's little gift. I forgot to take pics of the things I got him, but I found the cutest red overalls and a charity shirt. Then I added some vintage kid's books (cuz there's nothing like the old stories) and the little box held the cutest seersucker shorts. He's gonna be pretty cute. 
Jayden's monkey party!
How stinkin cute are these! And they were filled with lemon and cherry!
My lemon cupcake. Don't be jealous. 
Jayden's fondant banana. He ate the whole thing surprisingly. 

0 comments: